Saturday 2 January 2016

OUGD502 Design Strategy Presentation - Research, Personal Identity (Studio Brief Two)

Before getting started on recreating my own self branding, I decided it would be a good idea to look into some personal identities that have come out in the last year. I found these personal identities on Behance. This is a good place to look at portfolio work, as you don't just see one final image, such as a logo design, you see all the collateral after, such as publications, business cards etc. This identity was created by Firas Said, who is an art director from Kuwait City, Kuwait. This identity was created in 2015. His visual identity is incredibly satisfying to look at. It uses bold, geometric shapes and has a limited colour palette of black and white. His self branding has a lot of collateral, such as business cards, stamps, letters, paper bags and posters, each being very consistent with the last. This is something I should definitely feature within my own self branding.








This self branding was created by Marta Veludo from Amsterdam, Netherlands. Although I'm not a huge fan of the colour scheme, it is still successful as the images taken of the collateral are interesting. The actual business cards look successful, however they could potentially have too much text on the back. This designer also has stickers in her collateral - something that could be interesting for myself in the future for self promotion, whether that be around uni or across the country.




This self branding was designed my an artist called Remi Rechtman who is based in Paris, France. I think this self branding is incredibly succcessful as it features black and white designs that are made very bright by the colour green. All of his work is very consistent, even the collateral that is featured is within the same theme. I particularly like his logo, I think it shows that he is a minimalist, however he has a lot of talents, such as drawing - it shows that he doesn't mainly work on the computer, which is something I have found out myself over the past year.







No comments:

Post a Comment