Wednesday 20 January 2016

OUGD502 Design Strategy Presentation - Website Development (Studio Brief Two)

This was my website design from first year. Looking back, I'm not particularly fond of the design, I think it needs to be very simple and easy to navigate to be a successful portfolio website. For this reason, I am going to create a very simple design. This will be useful, as it won't take too much time to design, but it will also showcase my design work a lot more successfully.


This is the design that I have come up with. Personally, I think that it is a lot more successful as it is simple and clean and there is a good amount of negative space around my portfolio of work. I got rid of the links for social media, as I thought they looked very messy and far too big in the original website flat i designed, and this way I could put all links to social media in the 'contact' tab. The website would scroll horizontally, which I have seen on a lot of portfolio websites recently and I think it's a really successful idea, as everything stays neat and organised. 




No comments:

Post a Comment