Thursday 16 April 2015

OUGD402 Business Card Research (Studio Brief One)


I really like the way that these business cards are printed on coloured card and therefore the colour is visible from the side of the business cards. It's also effective that the tops of the business cards are white, as it makes it more interesting to look at and more legible. 


I think this business card design is nice, however it's very messy in my opinion and very illustration based, which isn't relevant for the style that I want to go for for my own cards.


I like the design of these business cards as they have rounded edges, which I think is quite quirky and matches the typeface used for the logo. I also think that the colour scheme is really nice.


The sides of these business cards are all spray painted a colour. I think this would be really interesting to do with my own business cards, and I have researched into this and apparently it's quite easy to do yourself - all you need is a clamp and spraypaint. Although I don't have the time to do this, I think it would be interesting to do it over summer when I have more time to experiment.


I think these business card designs are incredible, however they are not relevant to me exactly. It would be really cool if I could get these made but with my own business card design (not like a credit card), just because they wouldn't be as disposable as normal business cards are and they would also fit perfectly into a wallet.


I love the fact that part of the letters are debossed and I think it would be really interesting for my own business cards to have the same effect. However, obviously, the design would be embossed on the other side, so I would have to take this into account when designing the back of the card with all of the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment