Saturday 21 March 2015

OUGD402 Colour Scheme (Studio Brief Two)

To continue my logo development, I am now going to experiment with different colours and typography to go with the logo.

Before I do this, I am going to look into the meaning of colours to get an idea of what message I want to put across about myself through the use of colour. This decision is also going to be influenced by which colours I personally like.

I created this colour chart below using the information that I found out:


From this chart and from my own preference of colours, I think it would be beneficial for me to use either the colours: blue, black, turquoise, white and orange. Obviously I want all of my colours to fit well together and look aesthetically pleasing, so for this reason I am going to search on the website Design Seeds and have a look at the colour charts that come up to see if any would be successful to use for my own branding.

The website can be found HERE.

These are the colour charts that came up when I searched for the colour blue. I don't think these would be very successful as I want to avoid using the colour yellow and green as I believe them to have quite negative connotations.




These are the colour charts that came up when I searched for the colour turquoise. I don't think these are relevant for my project, however I believe turquoise would definitely work well with the colour orange.



These are the colour charts that came up when I searched for the colour orange. I think some of these colour charts could definitely be successful, for example the second and the third image, as they combine the colours orange and blue or orange and turquoise really successfully.





From these colour schemes, I then decided to make my own colour scheme using the colours orange and turquoise. I will then create my logo design using this colour scheme.




No comments:

Post a Comment