Monday 9 February 2015

OUGD402 Leeds Print Fair (Studio Brief One)

I visited Leeds Print Fair whilst it was on at Munro House in Leeds. Whilst there, I looked around all the stalls and felt really inspired by the designs that the companies selling their products had created. Below are some of the images I took. I found the trip really useful as there were lots of talented print makers there and they all had their own specific style - something I will hopefully have by the end of the degree course.

This is a photograph of one of the stalls selling prints. I thought this stall was really interesting as they were really good at upselling - there was a small boy who questioned us which print we thought was the most important on the table, which ofcourse was the print that portrayed the message 'never trust a Torie'.


I thought this stall was also really interesting as they weren't just selling prints, but sold little pins and badges which were really cute. The design of the prints were also really original and interesting to look at.


This stall was my favourite as it had a lot of different items for sale, including little notebooks with really cute patterns printed on the front cover. I bought one of these and it came with a little business card which I think is a really good way of getting the name of your brand out there. There were also business cards on the table to pick up so you could purchase an item later in the future.


This stall had prints for sale with little quirky illustrations on which I really loved. They were simplistic yet I think had been designed using Adobe Illustrator so were slick and neat at the same time. I also really liked the use of colour as mostly they were black and white outlines with just one block colour.



These were some of the prints from the actual print festival which I thought were really nicely designed and really abstract and colourful. I also liked the fact that they are so abstract that the observer had to interpret the design themselves, whereas some of the other designs, the message was very obvious.


No comments:

Post a Comment